Charles G. Fellenbaum
charlie at charlief dot com
Technical Support Experience
Technical Professional with more than 14 years of IT experience troubleshooting Windows computer hardware and software systems. I have great soft skills and excel at customer relationship management and problem solving. Adaptable, detail oriented, I have superior interpersonal, listening and oral communication skills and know how to delight your customers.
- IBM Helpdesk Professional certification.
- Experienced with Zendesk, Remedy, Clarify, similar ticket tracking systems
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Lotus Notes.
- Windows operating systems; Mac OS X; beginning Linux.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver.
- Hardware repairs and upgrades.
Bachelor of Science in Journalism, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Honors in Journalism; Dean’s List; voted Outstanding Senior by faculty.
- Employed as undergraduate Teaching Assistant for photojournalism program.
Knowledge Factor – Boulder, CO Feb. 2013 – Current
Tier 2 Support Analyst
Provide Tier 2 support to clients to resolve issues with our proprietary SaaS online learning platform, mobile application and related browser issues, via email and phone. Run SQL database searches to help diagnose data tracking and integration disconnects. Also handle many new account implementation tasks, from registrations to account and user administration. Write and update internal and external customer support documentation, monitor our helpdesk ticket queue, and coordinate projects for internal and external clients. Also author and send our product Release Notes to all customers after each regular Agile development cycle.
SunGard Availability Services – Thornton, CO Nov. 2012 – Jan. 2013
Service Desk Agent
In this contract position, I responded to calls from customers, employees and vendors, performing process-intensive procedures critical to service delivery. Provided outstanding customer service through communication tickets on issues involving networks, databases, monitoring, backups, the Cloud and other IT offerings. Helped facilitate restoration of services after outages or interrupted operations. After documenting issues or requests, tickets were routed or escalated to the appropriate upper level support teams or managers.
Vertafore, Inc. – Boulder, CO Dec. 2011 – July 2012
Served multiple roles as a contract Product Documentation Specialist, Customer Trainer and Support Technician for this company that sells software for the insurance industry, including a million-plus document online database product. I rewrote all user documents to reflect a major redesign of the database interface and many changes in function; provided live online group training sessions on product usage and effective searching; handled helpdesk escalations.
Couragent, Inc. – Ft. Collins, CO Nov. 2009 – Dec. 2012
Customer Support Specialist
Provided customer service and support for this consumer electronics manufacturer of the Flip-Pal mobile scanner through email and phone calls. Assisted customers with software usage and updates, hardware diagnostics, processed orders and answered pre-sales questions; established procedures and documented help desk procedures for our troubleshooting database; wrote and published the Frequently Asked Questions section to the website in HTML.
IBM Corporation – Boulder, CO
Communications Specialist, April 2006 – Oct. 2008
Global Business Office
- Researched and wrote easy-to-understand tool usage tips, technical support procedures, monthly software improvement alerts, business process documents and training materials. Directed development of a new branding identity for a major rewrite of our proprietary software.
- Directed the redesign of our team’s stale web site and made it a vibrant and useful vehicle to help our worldwide strategic outsourcing deal teams stay current and win in the global marketplace. I interviewed our customers to learn their needs, wrote all the content, and regularly posted updates in HTML.
- Managed customer email address database; drove the development of a new tool for validating thousands of addresses that reduced the time required for this task by more than 60 percent. The tool was later adopted by other organizations in Global Services.
Sr. Technical Support Representative May 2001 – April 2006
- Trained and certified as an IBM Helpdesk Professional, I provided PC hardware and software support in a major call center for multiple corporate customers. We focused on issues with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, Outlook email, VPN and network connectivity, browsers and anti-virus applications. Also diagnosed hardware problems and dispatched desk side assistance. I have a sharp ear for information that improves processes; identified systemic problems and pursued resolutions for customers.
- As Customer Satisfaction Focal and escalation manager, I helped my team maintain a client satisfaction rating that was consistently above required service levels by analyzing survey feedback and assisting with problem remediation. I often contacted unhappy customers directly and followed up until their issue was resolved and their confidence in our service was restored.
- Wrote new or improved repair procedures for our troubleshooting database. Regularly rated “high contributor” in yearly evaluations; received frequent written praise from clients, and rewarded with recognition certificates and cash bonuses.
Page One Photography, LLC – Boulder, CO 1990 – 2001
Commercial Photographer & Writer
Owned and operated a successful commercial photography studio for clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to small businesses. Produced high quality images for advertising, marketing materials, press releases, and technical communications. Also provided copywriting, editing, and design services. Managed each project from conception to completion – including consultation with client, vendor coordination, scheduling and final image production. Excellent client relation skills and decision-making abilities. Additionally, I photographed an award-winning young adult book on crime-solving forensic anthropology, The Bone Detectives. The book has been reprinted five times in paperback and hardback and translated into Japanese.
Other Professional Experience
Appointed by the Longmont City Council to be a citizen member of the Cable Trust Board which governs all operations of the city’s municipal cable TV channel (current).